28. tammikuuta 2010

Lee Mead to star in Wicked from May 2010!

I am really, truly, fangirlishly excited about this bit of news: Whatsonstage: Wicked Returns Lee Mead to Musicals



 Mr. Mead is probably the only musical theatre actor whose VOICE doesn't need to give me chills. :P

(Wait, let's think. John Barrowman's voice probably wouldn't have to - especially when he was younger - but it does, so nevermind. Cheyenne Jackson's voice wouldn't have to... OK, it kind of doesn't, but his suberb acting does. Yeah, Lee Mead is the only person I can think of who has fully captivated me on stage with pretty much just his physical appearance. A dubious honour, but there you go. :D)

I'll be queuing for Wicked day tickets the next couple of times I'm in London. Despite what I just said, I honestly think young Mr. Mead will make a first-rate Fiyero. (And his singing is fine. Just no chills.)

For those who don't know, Fiyero is the love interest, a fairytale prince charming type character - handsome and shallow in the beginning, less shallow towards the end. (Think Hairspray's Link, only the girl is green, not fat.)

Pictured: the Fiyero I first saw, Oliver Tompsett. (And the only one, actually - only seen Wicked the once.) Not a bad looking guy, that one, either. ;)


2 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Hienoa, olen menossa Londoniin taas huhtikuussa eli liian aikaisin, hmph...

Anne kirjoitti...

Voi hitsiläinen. No, ensi kerralla sitten... kai se tuossa sen normaalin minimivuoden pysyy.

Itse menen touko- ja elo-/syyskuussa, varmaan pitää heti toukokuussa joku arkipäivä eturivin lippuja jonottaa... Ei tarvii jaksaa niin aikaisin kuin turistiaikaan loppukesästä.

Menee siellä onneksi varmaan jotain katsomisen arvoista huhtikuussakin :)